I can’t thank you enough!
"Working together was interesting, challenging, and fun. I can't thank you enough for taking my stories and putting them in a comprehensible order, focusing more on my younger, formative days with my parents, and helping me remember great events that added so much to the book."
– US Senator Barbara Boxer. Her memoir, The Art of Tough, was published by Hachette in June 2016.
Figure out how to get Alan on your side
"Figure out how to get Alan on your side. He took my rambling manifesto and helped me hone it into a sharp, funny, culture-changing book featured in the New York Times, the New Yorker, The Atlantic, the Times of London, and most recently on The Daily Show."
– Lenore Skenazy, author Free Range Kids – How to Raise Safe, Self-Reliant Children Without Going Nuts with Worry.
Enthusiastic, imaginative and razor sharp
"Alan is enthusiastic, imaginative, razor-sharp, concise. His line-editing is specific and actionable; his developmental advice truly invaluable, providing focus and direction to the often chaotic process of writing a first novel."
– David Tomlinson, author of The Midnight Man.
An advocate, friend and mentor
“Alan can tell you at one glance, where a manuscript works and where it doesn’t. More than an editor, he’s an advocate, friend, mentor, and a bullshit detector of the highest caliber.”
– Celeste Chaney, author of In Absence of Fear
A 5-star Olympic Gold Medal for editing!
"Alan Rinzler has edited seven of my books, and no one compares to his competence as an editor. Everything I write he makes better. Alan knows the business, knows writing and understands a writer’s needs. He has my 5-Star Olympic Gold Medal for editing! I’m grateful to have had the opportunity to work with him."
– Michele Borba, author of Building Moral Intelligence, The Big Book of Parenting Solutions, and others.
Alan is more than a good editor
“Everyone needs a good editor, and Alan Rinzler is more than that guy. He regenerated my book from a scorching line drive into an irrefutable moon shot, still rising.”
– Bruce E. Spitzer, author of the Ted Williams novel Extra Innings.
You’ll be thrilled with the results – I am
"So, you want to work with Alan Rinzler? Best leave your ego out of it, focus on what he’s saying, and follow the agreed upon plan. Do that and you’ll be thrilled with the results – I am."
– Jeff Davis, author of Blood Line, winner of the Gold eLit award for popular fiction.